The last visit of Scout friend Alain Godard

Alain Godard and my dad had been Scouts for a very long time. Alain used to come home frequently in the 1970s and early 1980s for meetings of a select few leaders of the Mauritius Scouts Association held in our home in Balfour, Beau Bassin. This is how I met Alain, whom I met in Paris (France) in the late 1980s while studying in France, where he worked for the national airline Air Mauritius. I even remember meeting his aunt from Coventry, England, at his apartment in Paris back then!

When my father was admitted to the Clinique Ferriere Palliative Care Centre, I alerted Alain (via my father's phone), and he came to see him for the last time the next day! Alain has been extremely supportive of us during the difficult days following our father's death.

"Mon ami Alain, mon ami Alain" ('My good friend Alain, my good friend Alain!') - My sister Adilah Osman-Uteem heard dad saying that when Alain was with him on Friday 6 December 2024 at the Clinique Ferriere, Curepipe (Mauritius). Picture: Adilah Osman-Uteem.



Comments